Hendersons Legal has experienced business lawyers who can provide company law advice to Melbourne businesses with a variety of needs from small business matters to the complex legal issues of large corporations.
As lawyers who have been in private practice in Melbourne for over 20 years, we have an avid interest in our clients’ businesses and getting to know how they go about managing their business affairs; their staff; and their finances. We are always willing to visit our business clients at their premises throughout the Melbourne metropolitan area as this gives us great insight into their operations and an opportunity to meet staff who we may otherwise only deal with on the telephone or email. As a result, we are able to be very clear and practical when called upon for advice and legal input and we can tailor our advice and input depending on the complexity, industry and size of the business concerned.
All business owners are aware of the huge burden of the raft of government compliance, legal and accounting obligations that are all too often a distraction to the core operations of the company. But we find that our clients who keep a tight discipline with these issues often avoid the time, cost, frustration and distraction that can arise when these matters are not properly observed in the first place.
In assisting our clients with their business law concerns in the past, our business lawyers have provided legal advice and solutions in relation to:
- advice and solutions in relation to Corporations Act issues, governance and compliance
- small business concerns including Australian Consumer and Competition Law, human resources and employment matters, insurance and insolvency matters
- partnerships, joint ventures and trusts including agreements and disputes
- commercial and retail landlord and tenancy
- debt collection
- commercial disputes and litigation at VCAT and the Magistrates, County and Supreme Courts of Victoria
- intellectual property including copyright and trademarks
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Corporate crime investigations and defence work
Hendersons Legal has provided legal advice on business law for clients across a spread of industries including:
Retail and Wholesale
Insurance and brokerage
Fitness and Leisure