We are employment lawyers Melbourne business owners or executive employees can contact for professional legal advice.
Henderson’s Legal have a team of experienced employment lawyers in Melbourne’s CBD. We have acted for many employers, CEOs and senior executive employees. This includes business and personal advice in a wide range of employment law and other workplace related legal matters. We can help you with any current employment law issue that you may need assistance with.
If you are from overseas and need an employment lawyer in Australia, you can contact us for advice on employment contracts and other issues too.
Employment Contract Advice
When providing legal advice for employment contracts, our employment and workplace relations lawyers take into account the sensitivities of the personnel involved. We understand there may be a range of emotional responses which could be triggered by the legal advice sought.
All of this must be balanced against a backdrop of complex and ever-changing legislation. That may include new awards and agreements, and new legal precedents too. At the same time however, businesses to be able to respond to their constantly changing commercial and financial requirements.
Our employment contract lawyers in Melbourne, will not forget that many employment contracts also require good old common sense.
Employment Contract Lawyer
Melissa Henderson has direct experience in managing the array of unexpected matters that can arise in an office. She understands things can happen on a day to basis in relation to staffing and personnel issues. This is why effective employment contracts are essential. They take away the guesswork.
She is the former CEO of Supa Group Constructions, a large Melbourne based home extension company. They had over twenty staff, plus commission agents and trade contractors. You can trust her employment law advice has been well learned in the field, along with her experience as a practicing employment lawyer.
Our firm bring a wealth of legal and hands on experience, as well as practical considerations to these matters. It is valuable for both employers and executive employees seeking employment law advice.
Employment Lawyers Melbourne CBD
Our employment lawyers in Melbourne’s CBD have provided employment law and workplace relations advice for clients in many mays. An example of some of the range of matters includes:
- Preparing employment contracts for CEOs, executives and senior staff. They may include confidentiality clauses; intellectual property clauses; “gardening leave” and restraints of trade; and bonuses provisions.
- Drafting employment agreements to meet legal compliance matters
- Employment contract dispute resolution
- Providing employment contract reviews for employees
- Contractor agreements for consultants
- Commission-based employment agreements
- Policies for sexual harassment; occupational health and safety; internet usage; and discrimination
- Agreements for motor vehicle usage
- Advice on dismissal of staff, while ensuring compliance with unfair dismissal and instant dismissal laws are considered
- Executing staff disciplinary measures, policies and investigations
- Business restructuring and redundancies
- Documenting employee entitlements including casual employees and long service leave
- Assisting employers where staff have left with client lists and set up business in competition with their former employer
- Compliance with Workplace Relations and Fair Work Australia requirements.
- Acting for employers, CEO’s and senior executives in employment law disputes. This includes disputes about employment agreements and termination.
Experienced Employment Lawyers
Our workplace relation and employment lawyers in Melbourne have acted for large corporations and a wide variety of small to medium businesses. They include businesses throughout metropolitan Melbourne and rural Victoria. We have also provided employment and workplace law advice for CEOs and senior executives too.
Advice has been sought from us by CEO’s when preparing or reviewing employment agreements. Part of this is often looking after their interests upon termination. We can help both parties avoid any employment law disputes that could arise and potentially escalate.
Our employment lawyers have been involved in employment disputes in all levels of disputes. This includes the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court, the Melbourne County Court, the Melbourne Supreme Court, and in the Federal Court too.
To avoid legal issues before they arise, smart business people use our skills to prepare quality employment contracts that can also help put mutually beneficial deals together for employers and employees. Along with this, our Melbourne employment lawyers have settled disputes whether litigation has formally commenced or not.
For an employment lawyer Melbourne business owners or individuals can rely on, contact Hendersons Legal for advice today.