Hendersons Legal have a team of experienced employment lawyers in Melbourne’s CBD. We have acted for many employers, CEOs and senior executive employees in a wide range of employment law and workplace legal matters. They have related to both their business and personal requirements. We can help you with any employment law matter too.
If you are from overseas and need an employment lawyer in Australia, you can contact us for advice on employment contracts and other issues too.
Employment Contract Advice
When providing legal advice on these matters, our employment and workplace relations lawyers take into account the sensitivities of the personnel involved. We understand there may be a range of emotional responses which could be triggered by the employment legal advice sought.
All of this must be balanced against a backdrop of complex and ever-changing legislation, awards and agreements, and new legal precedents. While at the same time, permitting businesses to respond to their constantly changing commercial and financial requirements. Lastly, our employment lawyers in Melbourne, will not forget that many employment contracts, also require good old common sense.
Melissa Henderson has direct experience in managing the array of unexpected matters that can arise in an office, on a day-to-basis in relation to staffing and personnel issues. As the former CEO of Supa Group Constructions, a large Melbourne based home extension company that had over twenty staff, plus commission agents, plus trade contractors. So you can trust her employment law advice has been well learned in the field and as a practicing employment lawyer.
Our firm can bring a wealth of legal and hands-on experience, as well as practical considerations to these matters. It is valuable for both our Melbourne based employers and executive employee clients.
Employment Lawyers Melbourne CBD
Our employment lawyers in Melbourne’s CBD have provided employment law and workplace relations advice for clients in the following range of matters:
- Preparing employment contracts for CEOs, executives and senior staff. They may include confidentiality clauses; intellectual property clauses; “gardening leave” and restraints of trade; and bonuses provisions.
- Employment agreements and compliance with legal requirements
- Employment contract dispute resolution
- Employment contract reviews
- Contractor agreements for consultants
- Commission-based employment agreements
- Policies for sexual harassment; occupational health and safety; internet usage; and discrimination
- Agreements for motor vehicle usage
- Dismissal of staff while ensuring compliance with unfair dismissal and instant dismissal laws are considered
- Executing staff disciplinary measures, policies and investigations
- Business restructuring and redundancies
- Employee entitlements including casual employees and long service leave
- Assisting employers where staff have left with client lists and set up business in competition with their former employer
- Compliance with Workplace Relations and Fair Work Australia requirements.
- Acting for employers, CEO’s and senior executives in employment law disputes. This includes disputes about employment agreements and termination.
Experienced Employment Lawyers
Our employment and workplace relations lawyers have acted for large corporations as well as a wide variety of small to medium businesses throughout metropolitan Melbourne and Victoria. We have also provided employment and workplace law advice for CEOs and senior executives. Advice has been sought from us by CEO’s when preparing or reviewing employment agreements, as well as looking after their interests upon termination. We can help both parties avoid any employment law disputes that may arise.
Our employment lawyers have been involved in employment disputes in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court, the Melbourne County Court, and the Melbourne Supreme Court as well as in the Federal Court. Our negotiation skills have assisted in both preparing employment contracts as well as putting deals together. Along with this, our Melbourne employment lawyers have settled disputes whether litigation has been formally commenced or not.
For an employment lawyer Melbourne business owners or individuals can count on, contact Hendersons Legal for advice today.